Even though someone entering into the United States on a B-2 visa is not filing for citizenship, it still makes sense to have an immigration law office CT overlook the visa proceedings in order to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Approximately 75 percent of all nonimmigrants that the United States admits every year are B-2 visa holders or tourists.
These tourist visas are normally valid for six months. In some specific cases, it is possible to extend these visas for another six months. When it comes to the B-2 category, the children of the applicant and the applicant’s spouse will have to qualify for the B-2 visa independently.
Whom does the B-2 visa category cover?
The Tourist Visa (B-2 Visa) category covers aliens coming to take part in conventions, conferences, or social organizations; athletes who will receive no remuneration, musicians, amateur artists, aliens making social visits to friends and relatives, and tourists. Having a visa immigration lawyer represent you is not necessary to process your visa application, but will certainly help you move throughout the process faster.
What do you need to qualify for a visa?
Because of previous violations of visa applicants, United States immigration services will treat everyone who applies for a visa as an intending immigrant. This is why visa applicants will have to overcome this presumption by demonstrating the following:
- The applicant will engage exclusively in legitimate activities relating to pleasure and will not engage in work
- The applicant will retain foreign residence that he or she has no intent to abandon while staying in the United States
- The applicant only intends to stay for a specific time period
- The purpose of the trip is to enter the United States to seek medical treatment or for pleasure.
In order to prove that, the following things will be taken into consideration before a visa is ever released:
- The applicant has binding ties outside of the United States and has a residence abroad
- The applicant has realistic and specific plans for the entire duration of the intended visit
- The applicant has adequate funds to cover the expenses of the trip, including return passage and any possible accommodations
The chances of the visa being approved will improve greatly if the applicant has a job at home, has enough funds to cover the expenses of the entire trip, has a clearly listed itinerary, and if the planned trip is relatively short.
Make sure to get representation
It is important to remember that just receiving the visa does not guarantee entry into the United States. The immigration authorities can and do stop people from entering into the country. When working with the best US immigration lawyers, you are not only improving your chances of entry, but you may also be aware of any possible restrictions before you book an expensive trip. Call our immigration law office CT today and find out how our quick process can help you.